SLIDER

17.6.10

PRODUCT REVIEW: Cantu® Shea Butter Leave In Conditioning Repair Cream



Price: £4.99

What They Say: Cantu Shea butter Leave In Conditioning Repair Cream is made with real shea butter and essential oils to replace vital oil in your hair leaving it stronger and healthier with a natural shine. 
Cantu shea butter leave in conditioning repair cream can be used on wet hair as an intensive moisturizing treatment or to tame frizz and fly-aways.

Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioning Repair Cream helps…

  • moisturize dry brittle hair with deep penetrating oil and emollients
  • soften, detangle and add shine to hair
  • protect hair against heat and sun styling damage
  • provide extra protection from split ends and breakage”
Ingredients: Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycine Soja Oil (Soybean), Propylene Glycol, Polyquaternium 37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, PPG 1 Trideceth 6, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Stearalkonium Chloride, Trimethylsilylamodimethicone, Panthenol, PPG 1-PPG-9 Lauryl Glycol Ether, Lanolin Oil, Cinnamidopropyl Trimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Acrylamidopropyltrimonium Chloride/Acrylamide Copolymer, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Benzophenone 3, BHA, BHT, Zea Mays Oil (Corn), Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, DMDM Hydantoin, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance

What I Say: So after the success of the Cantu Shea Butter Moisturizing Rinse Out Conditioner , I was left wanting more. I couldn’t wait to try out this next product, Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioner Repair Cream, especially because I was need of some daily moisturising. If the Rinse Out Conditioner from Cantu was great than Leave In would be just a satisfactory, right?

The product description promises a lot. I mean a lot of naturals suffer frizzy, tangled hair (well at least I do). The actual product itself is a different (let’s say interesting) consistency, it like creamy but different (I can’t find the word to explain it). The Leave In Conditioner also shares the same tropical fruit (coconut, I think) smell.

The manufacturer’s directions gave a number ways to uses the conditioner including Daily Styling, Leave In Treatment and Frizz Free Hair. Of course I experimented with each method to see how each work on my hair. Daily Styling is like the regular leave in method applied to washed hair. The Leave In Treatment is very similar to daily styling except it more of an intensive treatment where the conditioner is applied twice and a plastic cap is worn overnight. Finally the Frizz Free Hair method is used on dry hair to prevent frizz.

Well to be honest I was pretty disappointed with the results on my hair. I didn’t feel it gave any definition to my curls and my hair wasn’t frizz free as the product claim it would be. It didn’t take long for my hair to feel dry. The product appeared to make no real difference to my hair and on top of that I couldn’t put gel on it because it would go white and weird [not cool].

There were a few good points about the product, I liked the smell I find also the product wasn’t sticky, gummy or greasy. Plus you do get quite a lot of the products almost 500ml for £5 which is great if the product works for you (from other review this works for other people).

As I said before I was disappointed with the product, I truly felt I had wasted money on it. The Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioning Repair Cream failed to most of the things that it promised to do on the tub and after I spent a fiver on it, I thought I was truly paying for quality. However, it has to be said sometimes a product is fantastic on other people’s hair and you’re not-so-fantastic, maybe it one of those hit or miss products. On the other hand

Bottom line: I couldn’t recommend anyone the Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioning Repair Cream with my experience on the product.


Rating: 2 out of 5

Have you tried this product before? What were results? Would you recommend it?

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design