SLIDER

13.7.10

PRODUCT REVIEW: Skala Shea Butter Leave-In Hair Styling Cream

Price: From £1.99(cheap!) to £3.99(not so cheap!)

What it says: Skala SHEA BUTTER Leave-In Hair Styling Cream is specifically designed for hair styling while at the same time moisturizes hair all day long, which gurantees extra protection to parched or brittle hair. It is rich emmolient and moisturizing properties which softens and detangles hair making styling easier.

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Glutaral, Citric Acid, Parfum (Fragrance), Propylene Glycol, Glycein, PEG-75 Shea Butter Glycerides, FD&C Yellow #5 (Cl 19140).

What I say: I'd been looking at this product, Skala® Shea Butter Leave-In Styling Cream, for a while in the shop before I actually bought it - which was mainly because I'd never heard of the brand in my life. Usually I don't like to take complete gambles with my beauty products but for the price, I thought might as well and I'm glad I did because I was well pleased with the results!

From my current knowledge of ingredients, I reckon there are no black listed one in this products ('cones, mineral oil, parabens etc). However I must say there aren't any really appealing ingredients in the product and even though it labelled as 'Shea Butter', I don't reckon there is much, if any in the product. The cream is an unnatural yellow colour which I'm not keen on and the scent isn't great but it's far from horrible. The cream is a fairly light consistency but amazingly, a little still manages to go a long way. After applying the cream my hair felt silky, soft and it had a good amount of definition. The leave-in stlying cream made it very easy to style (which is want one wants from a stying cream) and I could comb through my hair easily. The product description is quite on point I must say, it does exactly what it says on the bottle and for £1.99 it's a winner for me.

Bottom line: This product looses marks mainly because of ingredients really and the weird yellow colour. Other then that good definition, soft, silky smooth hair can be obtained from this product for a cheap price.

Rating: 4 out of 5

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design