SLIDER

27.8.10

DIY Beauty: Delicious Honey Coconut Oil Deep Conditioner

Ran out of your store bought deep conditioner? No problem! Your kitchen may contain all the ingredient to do it yourself.

After my disastrous attempt to deep condition with my pre-natural hair products, my hair was begging for a nourishing deep conditioner but I promised myself I wouldn't be heading to the beauty store any time soon. So I searched the Internet for an easy peasy recipe I could do at home and I came up with this Honey Coconut Oil Deep Conditioner... It's a bit of a messy mixture but it smells gorgeous and my hair loved it.

What you will need:
4 tbs Coconut Oil
2 tbs Honey
As well as the traditional DC kit; plastic cap, towel, mixing bowl, comb/application brush etc



Why honey and coconut oil?
Honey is high in vitamins and minerals, and has wonderful benefits for the skin and hair. Honey is a good humectant and emollient, serving as a good moisturizer and conditioner. And the coconut oil is one of the best natural nutrition for hair. It helps in healthy growth of hair providing them a shinny complexion. Coconut oil prevents dandruff, lice, and lice eggs, even if your scalp is dry. It is an excellent conditioner and helps in the re-growth of damaged air and provides the essential proteins required for nourishing damage

Instructions:
1. Place coconut oil and honey in a small plastic bag or mixing bowl.

2. Place mixture in pot of hot water and leave mixture for a minute or until warm.
[Some of my honey had crystalized but I used it anyway. Don't you think I should be a hand model, lol]

3. Apply to hair in sections (I'd advised you to use a application brush because it is a messy mixture).
[I hadn't finished sectioning at this point, if your wondering. But I usually do 8 sections]

4. Once mixture is applied, cover hair with plastic cap and then towel.
[A quick outfit change into something I don't mind get messy and that oh so sexy plastic cap on]

5. Wait 20 minutes before washing and drying hair.
[My curlies after I rinsed it out, quite defined and soft I must say]

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design