SLIDER

16.8.10

PRODUCT REVIEW: Samy® Get Curls Re-Energizing Potion


Price: £4.50 - £5.00 ($3.99 - $4.99) - annoyingly for me this product cost more in the UK


What they say: Go Curl Crazy! Reactivates curls, Eliminates frizz. Revive, re-energize and enhance your curls! This lightweight silicone formula conditions & rejuvenates frizzy, lifeless curls from roots to the ends! Designed to maintain smooth, silky curls on wavy, naturally curly or permed hair, while adding texture, hold, definition, bounce & elasticity. This special alcohol-free potion repels humidity giving vibrant shine and frizz-free curls without wax, residue or build-up.

Ingredients: Water Aqua, Polysorbate 20, PVP, Triethanolamine, Steareth 10 Allyl Ether/Acrylates Copolymer, VP/VA Copolymer, PEG 8, PEG 8 Dimethicone, Propylene Glycol, Carbomer, PEG Ricinoleate, Methylparaben, Acrylamidopropyltrimonium Chloride/Acrylamide Copolymer, Fragrance (Parfum), Polyquaternium 57, Sodium Benzoate, Methylisothiazolinone, Red 4 (CI 4700), Yellow 5 (CI 19140)

What I say: This is not a product for the ingredient conscious, at all (I actually only realised the ingredients went I got it home, I know major mistake)! But regardless of the ingredients this product does work. It smells like a hair product (cliche, I know), it's not a particularly nice smell but withstand able and the consistency like a syrup but not as sticky.

I firstly used this product on damp hair which had only had olive oil on it, smoothed it in and it made my hair curl up almost instantly. It actually managed to make my tighter curls (4A) and my looser curls (3C) look quite defined and uniform. However, I hated the way this stuff felt on my hair; it just felt horrid and synthetic! I washed it out after the first time I used it because I couldn't stand the feeling and I'm a girl who likes to touch her hair. The second time I used it with a heavier hair butter underneath which made my hair feel better but did make my curls bind less.

Bottom line: This product loses points for me because of the way it feels, smells and most importantly the ingredients. Personally I wouldn't buy again because of these factor but the product does deliever what is stated in the description.


Rating: 2.5 out of  5

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design