SLIDER

14.9.10

Natural Testimonies: Alexi

Where do you come from? What do you do?
I'm from Bronx, New York and I'm a part time student in Virginia

Have you always had natural hair?
I had natural hair for the first three years of my life, so I've had a relaxer for over 15 years.

What made you want to become natural? What inspired you?
Ever since I was young I have wanted locs, but something just clicked in my head that I didn't need long straight hair in order to be beautiful.

What is the best thing about being natural?

The best thing about being natural is that it is an outter change as well as an inner change, it really changes your outlook on life.



What is your attitude to bad hair days?
I don't believe there are any bad hair days with being natural, especially with a TWA. =]

Name 3 products you couldn't live without.
Water of course, coconut oil , and aloe gel.

What does your regime include?

Co-washing with hello hyration , moisturize with curl smoothie from shea moisture, apply aloe vera gel, seal with a 50/50 mix of castor oil and coconut oil, then raking in Eco Styler gel.

What mistake have you made with your natural hair?

So far I haven't made any mistakes, I'm a month natural and I'm retaining length.

What are your favourite natural styles?
Right now, I'm in love with my wash and go's. I don't think im really interested in coils at least until my grows out.

What have you learned from your natural hair journey?
I have really learned to except myself for who I am , and that I am naturally beautiful without hiding behind all that hair.

What advice would you give to new naturals or someone considering going natural?
My advice is to just go for it. It's the best decision I ever made. Going natural, especially with the BC it trully sends your confidence through the roof. This is the most beautiful I've seen myself ever.

Where else can we find you on the Internet?
http://naturalisbeautifultoo.blogspot.com/

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design