SLIDER

16.9.10

PRODUCT REVIEW: Rainforest Moisture Hair Butter

Price: 50ml for £3, 200ml for £8 ($8-16)

What it says: Luxuriously rich and intensive deep-conditioning treatment for soft, glossy and tangle-free hair. With pracaxi oil, manketti nut oil and Community Trade honey and olive oil. Use weekly or as required. For dry and damaged hair.

This conditioner contains no silicones, parabens or colourants. It also meets our eco-conscious standard*. It is respectful to the aquatic environment, meets strict biodegradability standards, and minimises the use of non-sustainable packaging resources. We’re working hard to help protect our planet. Together we can make a difference...

Ingredients: Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Distearoylethyl Hydroxyethylmonium Methosulfate, Olea Europaea Fruit Oil, Parfum, Phenoxyethanol, Cetyl Esters, Glycerin, Schinziophyton Rautanenii Kernel Oil, Benzoic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Salicylic Acid, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Mel, Pentaclethra Macroloba Seed Oil, Sodium Benzoate, Tocopherol.

What I'd say: This stuff has fantastic scent, it's like a tropical, sweet smell (but most of The Body Shops' stuff smells nice, so I wouldn't expect less). The hair butter has quite a thick creamy consistency and one great thing about it is that a little goes a looong way. The butter is also quite compatible with other products as long as you aren't heavy handed with it. Sometimes with hair butters they can be quite greasy/oily but this product it definately not that at all, like a mention before it's quite creamy instead.

I used the Rainforest Moisture Hair Butter primarily after co-washes and it kept my hair quite well moistured all day (and night) especially when I sealed my ends with castor oil. I would agree with the product description in that it kept my hair soft and tangle-free.

But I have a couple "beefs" with the product; eventhough the hair butter isn't greasy when I felt my hair later on the day (after applying), it did feel a bit waxy and kind of sticky - which I wasn't feeling because my hands are constantly in my hair. But this problem can be dealt with if you a little less product. Another beef I have is the price, for me £3 for 50ml is kind of pushing especially as I can buy nearly one litre of Eco Styler Gel for less! But granted a little goes a long way.

Bottom line: It's a good product, it didn't wow me but it did the job. I wish it didn't cost so much as then I would be more inclined to buy it again but if you willing to shell out for products minus parabens, colourants and silicones; I would definitely tell you to give it a try.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design