SLIDER

28.9.10

Sometimes... | Recent realisations about hair products

Sometimes... simpler is better
Not to long ago, I had been going through a very dry spot with my hair... I when I say dry, I mean Sahara! I tried nearly every store bought moisturiser and conditioner and my hair would just drink in all up and still be "crispy", lol. I actually didn't know what to do, it felt like I had tried every product and nothing was working. I starting feeling like maybe it's not the products that aren't working but maybe it's my hair!?

And then I decided to use something I hadn't used in a while; Shea Butter. I've always loved Shea Butter, I don't know why I ever cease to use it infact (might have been the cost actually). Just in case you don't know Shea Butter is a natural fat, usually ivory/yellowish coloured, extracted from the African Shea nut.

So I applied some simple Shea Butter to my hair and the dryness disappeared! Honestly, my hair has been soft, soft, soft - really moist. Also I haven't seen any of those ghastly single strand knots (which are caused by dryness). So after messing around with products - moisturisers and conditioners, with all sorts of long interesting ingredient lists... I realise now sometimes one or two simple natural ingredients can do the job a whole load better than a million complex ones.


Sometimes... a cheapie can be a goodie
I think I may have touched on the fact that just because a product is expensive doesn't means it's quality or effective. But what I want to add now is that just because a product is cheap doesn't mean it can't be the "shizzle" (lol).

Take for example, Alberto V05 Moisture Milks - my hair loves this stuff! It's one of the best conditioners I've used (pretty cautious about calling it the the best yet) and it only  costs me about £1-1.30 (about $1 USD)! And I'm quite the product junkie so believe me
when I say I've tried loads of conditioners.

Obviously not every cheap product will be a keeper but I'm just saying give a cheapie a chance and it might just suprise you, lol! *Plus if it doesn't work you haven't lost a load of hard earned cash!

Peace & love Photobucket

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design