SLIDER

22.9.11

PRODUCT REVIEW: ORS Olive Oil Edge Control

Organic Root Stimulator Edge Control Price: £2.99 ($1.79 – $4.69)

What it says: Organic Root Stimulator OLIVE OIL EDGE CONTROL slicks and holds down edges while adding shine and moisture to the hair. This non-sticky, non-greasy formula provides excellent hold without hardening the hair.

This unique alcohol free formula gives the hair superior hold without flaking. It slicks and holds down the edges while adding shine and moisture. Olive Oil Edge Control contains natural ingredients and vital nutrients that work together to keep hair looking its best. It is great for relaxed and natural hair.

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Cetereth-25, PEG-7 Gylceryl Cocoate, Propylene Glycol, PEG-7 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Olea Europea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Aloe Barbadenis Leaf Juice, Glycerin, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl Benzoate, Citronell, d-Limonene, Eugenol, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Lillial, Linalool, Methyl Ionone, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin.



What I say: I loved this product! I mean at first I was a bit apprehensive about using it because I never used a gel with a consistency like this one- It’s more dense than an average gel and it kind of reminds me of hair grease however not oily or greasy.

You apply it by simply using your fingertips and smoothing the gel in until you position the hair how you want it. Using too much of the gel can give the hair a greasy appearance, however in moderation the Edge Control gel gives great hold, shine and nice natural look. Another thing I liked was the ease of combing hair out and how soft my hair felt after using the gel.

What I didn’t like about the Edge Control gel is that sometimes it felt like gel leaves a waxy coating on my hair however it did seem to wash out easily. Another “beef” I had with the product was the size of the container – I think the Edge Control must of lasted like two/two and a half weeks. For £2.99 I think they could give you a bit more product.

Quick review:


+
-
  • Great shine
  • Brilliant hold
  • Looks natural
  • Leaves hair feel soft
  • Combs out easily
  • Reasonably priced
  • Not really “Organic”
  • Waxy product build-up
  • Can look greasy
  • Small container

Bottom line: Definitely a product I would buy again and again, I just wish the ingredients were better!
Rating: 4 out of fives fros [4 ‘fros out of 5]

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design