SLIDER

22.11.11

Cornrow Protective Hair Style

100_3959100_3950

I must say I didn’t intend to this hairstyle on the outset. I was just plaiting my hair so that it would stay moisturised at night but also so I could stretch the texture to wear my hair out. But I must say that I liked the cornrow so much that I left them in four days longer then I intended to.



I didn’t do much too my hair to achieve this style: I just detangled my hair in sections with a wide-teeth comb, sprayed a little water on it then applied a water-based moisturiser followed by a drop or  two extra virgin olive oil. Finally I parted my hair into diagonal section and cornrowed those section. I bunned the plaits to finish the style.

100_3963100_3951 

Doing this style reminded of how creative my and my secondary school friends were with hairstyling in particular cornrow. It was cool when I went to school to have the most intricate braid styles but as soon as we progressed to sixth-form and/or college we all felt that it was more mature to relax or weave our hair instead.


Did any of you share this experience growing up? And please please please tell me what you think of this style!!! Drop me a comment.

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design