SLIDER

6.7.12

PRODUCT REVIEW: Hair One Cleanser and Conditioner For Curly Hair

Price: £5.99

What It Says: Cleanses - Conditions - Detangles - Anti-Frizz - Adds Shine. Sulfate Free.

DIRECTIONS: Step 1. Rinse hair thoroughly for at least 1 minute. Apply 5-7 pumps to the crown of head and 8-10 pumps to nape/back of head. Massage vigorously into scalp for 2-3 minutes. Then add an extra splash of water to help evenly distribute through the ends.

Step 2. Now add 5-10 pumps (depending on hair length) through the mid-shafts and ends to thoroughly cleanse and hydrate the hair. The more product you use the better the results. • For hair above your shoulders, use a minimum of 5 pumps. For hair down to your shoulders, use a minimum of 7 pumps. For hair past your shoulders use a minimum of 10 pumps. Comb through with a wide-tooth comb. Leave on for at least 3-5 minutes. For maximum results, the longer you leave it on the better.

Step 3. Rinse thoroughly and completely for 1-2 minutes by massaging your scalp and running your fingers through to the ends. If desired, apply 1-3 pumps of Hair One as a leave-in conditioner to wet hair. Start at the back of the head and work through to the ends.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, CID 157846, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Prunus Serotina (Wild Cherr) Bark Extract, Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Menthol, Polysorbate 60, Citric Acid, BHT, Disodium EDTA, 1, 2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol

What I'd Say: I was so unsure of this product when I first purchased it because I thought was a weird sort Shampoo & Conditioner Two-In-One but it's totally not that at all - it' basically a cleansing conditioner or clarifying conditioner. It comes in a medium-sized bottle with a pump which contains 355ml of product. This conditioner itself is quite thick in consistency and has a quite menthol smell which I actually didn't notice until I got in the shower and my eyes did start to water a little because of that.

This product comes with a very clear concise set of directions on it instead of the normal long "this is a miracle product" blurb which I found quite interesting. Anyway I follow the directions very closely although I did feel I wanted a bit more conditioner then suggest at times. I didn't find this the easiest product to detangle with but there is a fair amount of slip with this product.

However, when I rinsed out the Hair One conditioner my hair was incredibly soft, I mean super soft. Not only that but my curls defined and scalp felt refreshed and clean. I love, love, love how my scalp and hair felt after using this conditioner. To put it frankly this conditioner clarified my hair as if had been shampooed but conditioned my hair like a deep conditioning treatment. I think this product is great for someone doing the Curly-Girl No Poo method or just for stretching out the period between shampoos maybe.

As far as ingredients, go the Hair One conditioner doesn't contain sulfate which is great but the ingredient list is isn't all natural and I did spot Propylene Glycol in there. But there are quite a bit of natural oils and extract in it. Another small issue I did have with this product is I just feel the pump could give you a little more product instead of repeatedly having to pump out enough product.

Quick Rating:

+
-

  • OK at detangling
  • Leaves hair really soft
  • Leaves hair & scalp very well clarified 
  • Defines curls


  • The pump could be better
  • Strong smell
  • Not the best ingredient list


Bottom Line: I will be buying this again! I would definitely recommend this product!

Rating: 4 out of 5

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design