SLIDER

30.10.12

PRODUCT REVIEW: Aunt Jackie's Curl La La Defining Curl Custard

Price: £4.99 (for 430ml)

What It Says: Front - Sulfate-Free/Paraben-Free/No Mineral Oil/No Petrolatum

For Natural Curls, Coils & Waves
Enriched with Shea Butter & Olive Oil

Say GOODBYE to frizz, unruly curls and lifeless coils. Define shape and control curls, waves, coils and braid-outs, while adding moisture, shine and natural conditioning.

Back - Unruly curls and coils -- meet your match! Aunt Jackie's Curl La La delivers long-lasting control and definition to curls, waves, coils, frizzy hair and braid-outs. Moisture-rich and blended with natural ingredients for helthier looking and feeling ringlets, Curl La La won't cause build-up, flake or leave hair feeling stiff and dry. Use little or a lot to create soft elongated, bouncy curls and waves, tight, scrunchy curls or springy coils.



Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Propylene Glycol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, PEG-150 Distearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Glycerin, Parfum (Fragrance), Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Lanolin Oil, Polyquaternium-37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Acrylamidopropyltrimonium Chloride/Acrylamide Copolymer, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Stearalkonium Chloride, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, d-Limonene, Hexyl cinnamic aldehyde, Linalool, Amyl cinnamic aldehyde, Lilial,Benzyl alcohol, Citronellol, Hydroxycitronellal, Cinnamic alcohol, 5-chloro-2-methyl-4-isothiazolin-3-one, 2-Methyl-4-isothiazolin-3-one, CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 19140 (Yellow 5)

What I'd Say: Recently I've seen a huge increase in the amount of natural hair products and brands available from UK beauty supply stores. "Aunt Jackie's Curls and Coils" is a brand I spotted in Catwalk in Brixton and for £4.99 for a sizeable tub of this Curl Cream (430ml), I figured it was worth a try. The first thing I noticed about this product was the smell, it has very sweet smell. Personally I find the smell a bit overpowering and sickenly sweet but I have had other comment that my hair smelt nice whilst using this so maybe that just a matter of personal taste. The Curl Custard is a very thick consistency which I really do appreciate in a curl creme as that usually helps define my curls and tame frizz.

However I felt with this particular cream that it didn't combat frizz that well as my curls didn't bind together completely. I also really didn't like the feel of the cream on my hair. Also my hair often felt very dry after a day of using this product and I felt I had to wash my hair after using this because of the feel (of my hair). Aunt Jackie's Curl La La boasts the fact that it is enriched with Shea Butter, Olive Oil and hasn't got mineral oils/petrolatum/parabens etc and although I cannot argue this is false - I would like to mention this product does contain other ingredients that might cause some concern such as silicones, propylene glycol and fragrance.



With that being said the product does define my curls more so then if I were to use just a normal moisturiser or leave-in, so it does deliver (somewhat) in that aspect but I really wasn't impressed with this otherwise and I don't think I would buy it again.

Rating: 2.5 out of 5




Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design