SLIDER

31.12.12

PRODUCT REVIEW: Curls Unleashed Set It Off Curl Boosting Jelly

Price: from £7.99

What It Says: Top - Perfect For: Curly & Kinky Textures (3's and 4's). Great for twistouts, coiling, shingling, freestyles and updo's. Lightweight and easy-to-apply delightful curl definition without the "crunch".

Side - Set It Off with our lightweight Curl Boosting Jelly. It is made with soothing aloe vera, wheat protein, vitamin B and other ingredients to help give you gorgeous, "crunchless" curl definition. Just scoop out a liberal amount of Set It Off Curl Boosting Jelly into the palm of your hand and evenly apply throughout the hair... Free of SD Alcohol, parabens& mineral oil. BPA free.
Ingredients: AQUA (WATER), GLYCERIN, PPG-5-CETETH-20, POLYQUATERNIUM-11, PEG-12 DIMETHICONE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE, GLYCERYL ACRYLATE/ACRYLIC ACID COPOLYMER, PANTHENOL, HYDROLYED WHEAT PROTEIN, POLYQUATERNIUM-10, CARBOMER, TRIETHANOLAMINE, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), BENZYL BENZOATE, COUMARIN, d-LIMONENE, LINALOOL, CI 60725 (VIOLET #2).



What I'd Say: To be honest since I've been natural I have stayed quite faithful to my Eco Styler Gel and I have rarely experimented with other gels. However, I was drawn to the Curls Unleashed Set It Off Curl Boosting Jelly because of the unique texture of the product. The gel has a texture similiar to jelly (lol) but it is very light, it almost remind me of aloe vera gel. The gel has a light scent which I find quite pleasant and although the gel is has a purple colour the jellies turns clear when applied.

The Curl Boosting Jelly provides lightweight hold without the crunch as stated on the container. When applied it eliminates frizz and adds to curl definition. I used this for an up-do on a night out and my curls remained completely intact without frizz after a long night of dancing in a hot and humid packed night club.  However as much as I like the Curl Boosting Jelly for frizz reduction and curl definition, I wouldn't use this gel to slick down hair around my hairline as the hold isn't strong enough (for me anyway). My one issue with this gel is that after using this my hairs to be quite tacky and sticky. I feel like I need to wash my hair almost instantly after using this which is something I don't need to do when using my Eco Styler gel. But I'm no stranger to the mid-week co-wash, so it is not a big issue for me.

All in all, I really like this gel. I was actually quite amazed on how well it held up. I love the lightweight hold it provides although the ingredients could be better.

Rating: 4 out of 5

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design