SLIDER

7.6.13

Six Hairstyles I Want To Try On My Natural Hair This Summer!

This winter I kept it pretty simple (aka boring) when it came to styling but with the arrival of summer and so many events and parties - I really want to get back into the swing of experimenting with my hair. So I decided to compile my ultimate wishlist of hairstyles (and one hair colour) that I would really like to try out this summer below...

#1. Retro Natural Hair

I don't why but Summer and Retro go hand in hand for me. Anyway I love a Retro Updo they are super cute and sophisticated especially when paired with some gorgeous vintage inspired make-up!




#2. Purple Hair
I love Instagram (follow me @mykinksandcurls) because there is so much in the way of natural hair inspiration and hairstyle ideas. Whilst I was browsing the #naturalhair tag on Instagram I discovered three natural haired ladies adorning beautiful purple hues. I love the idea of dying my natural hair purple - it such an off the wall colour that works beautifully against brown skintones.


#3. Roller Set
Every so often I have the desire to see what my curls look like straight. However I've always been a bit wary heat since my bad experiences with straighteners and heat damage but a roller set is a great heat-free way to achieve stretched, straight and waved tresses.


#4. Bantu Knot Out
There is something about the bouncy curly effect of bantu knot out that screams summer fun! Styled as updo or frohawk for a super funky style.




#5. Use Marley Hair for a Big Updo
I can't wait to have long waist length natural hair so I can expand my hair style repoitoire but for now I will be faking it until I make it with Marley Hair extension. Marley hair is a synthetic hair that bland well into natural hair because its highly textured pattern.


#6. Havanna Twist
I'm not usually one to jump on a trend but these twist are just too cool! These thick twist are done with a blend of natural hair and Havanna hair and are a great protective style.


What hairstyles do you want to try this summer? What do you think about my hairstyle picks? Leave me a comment.

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design