SLIDER

22.7.13

PRODUCT REVIEW: Shea Moisture Organic African Black Soap Purification Masque

I was so excited when I heard that Shea Moisture had hit UK stores (Paks) that I raced down to my nearest store the very next day so I could finally see what all the fuss was all about. The thing about being in the UK is that although there have been some advances in the number of natural hair product available in store, the range (especially for organic and natural product) is still relatively small. So as you can imagine greeting the arrival of gleaming new tubs of brand that had been so widely talked about in the states was a Product Junkies ultimate dream come true.


The Shea Moisture Organic Black Soap Purification Masque is deep conditioning treatment that claims to "detoxify, condition and soothe hair and scalp with gentle Kaolin clay, herbal extracts, botanical enzymes and essential vitamins". And what especially drew me to this particular deep treatment masque is that it claims to relieve a dry, itchy scalp including skin and scalp conditions such as dandruff, Eczema & Psoriasis. Personally I've have suffered with quite an itchy scalp on and off for a while now and finding that product, remedy or technique to relieve the symptoms is quite a uphill struggle.


The Shea Moisture Organic Black Soap Purification Masque retail at £12.99 in Paks and contains 340 grams which is certainly not cheap (especially compared the retail price in the USA) but I feel not wholly unreasonable for a deep condition treatment that contains nearly (if not all) natural ingredients and no parabens, no minerals, no propylene glycol or any other unsavoury ingredients us natural girls like to be weary of.

But how did this deep condition work on you hair? I hear you ask. Well, to be honest, I absolutely loved it! The texture was quite light but good enough to give me slip whilst detangling. The smell is absolutely delicious and it felt so luxurious when applied to my hair and scalp. My scalp and hair felt cleansed and condition after using it every time - I even looked forward to using this for my weekly deep conditioning treatment. My curls were popping after using it and I hate to repeat myself but I loved it and there nothing I can really fault this product on apart from the price and the fact it finished all to soon for me.

All in all, a product I thoroughly enjoyed and certainly recommend. Rating: 4.75 out of 5.


Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design