SLIDER

28.1.15

Product Review: Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Curl Defining Pudding


In all honesty I have only tried a few Elasta QP products so I'm not too familiar with the brand. Back in the day Elasta QP used to be my chosen relaxer which I of course no longer use but most recently I tried there moisturiser which wasn't half bad at all. Anyway with gaining popularity of natural hair, Elasta QP has expanded their range to include this here Curl Defining Product which I was pretty excited to try.

Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Curl Defining Pudding retails at £3.49 for a pretty sizeable amount of product, 425g to be precise. It promises to give "frizz control, bounce and definition for soft elongated curl texture" and leave your hair feeling moisturise "like silk".


The product itself smells very sweet like artificial fruits and sweets which I got lots of compliment on when I used it however I wasn't too keen on the scent myself. The consistency is on the thicker side which is good for us girls with coarse or thick curls and kinks.  It one of those creams that almost favours a light gel in my opinion.

I tried this product twice for my wash & go's curls and although it gave my have curl definition, my hair felt quite dry after using it. Dry to the point where I was getting single strand fairy knots in my ends and I knew it wasn't the health of my hair causing it because I just had a cut! I used my regular LOC (leave-in/oil/cream) moisturising method which works really well on my hair but even with my leave-in and castor oil, I was experiencing really dry, brittle hair so I discontinued using this product because I didn't want to damage my hair. I really can't recommend this to anyone really with my experience of it. 1 out of 5.

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design